Skrill formerly known as Moneybookers is a FREE digital e-wallet. With more people using the internet for betting these days, making deposits and withdrawals with the online bookmakers can be a frustrating task, which is where Skrill comes in. In comparison to the traditional banking systems, Skills offers an immediate solution to fund transfer between accounts. With a Skrill account you can top up or withdraw money from your sports betting account in a matter of seconds. Skill has asserted itself as the market leader when it comes to online e-wallets and one of the main reasons surrounding its popularity is their competitive fee structure for both deposits and withdrawals.
Creating an account
To create an account, you just need a valid e-mail address. It couldn’t be any quicker or easier! Register here: I’d like to open a Skrill account
Making a Deposit
Skrill offers you three ways to deposit money:
- Using your bank card is completely free. The money is transferred instantly. If it is your first time, you’ll have to go through a verification procedure for your own security.
- Bank transfer is also free. The transaction can take up to 2 or 3 days, depending on your bank.
- Transfers can also be made by using good old-fashioned cheques and its free but only recommended if you have the time and patience to wait anywhere between 7 to 10 days!
The website limits your deposits to £1,000 per month and £600 by card. It is possible to increase this limit after several checks have been performed.
Withdrawing your money
When it comes to transferring money back into your bank account, Skrill practically offers you the same options as for your deposits and within the same time frames:
- Bank Transfers, for which you will be charged £1.80.
- Payment by cheques, for which, in addition to the long wait, you will be charged £3.50.
- Withdrawal by credit card, for which you will be charged £1.80.
The maximum initial withdrawal amount is £1,000 every 90 days. If the aforementioned verifications are carried out, this limit can be increased.
The prepaid Skrill (Moneybookers) Mastercard is available on request. This card can be used at all bank terminals that accept Mastercard (29 million outlets) and you can use it to pay online or in stores.
Customer Service and Security
As Skrills does not offer a livechat, you can only contact them by e-mail or telephone. The response times by e-mail vary anywhere between several hours to more than a day.
As far as security and data encryption are concerned, Skrill quite simply uses the same technology as our banks. The brand image of an online bank is based primarily on security and Skrill makes sure that it cannot be faulted on this point!
Our verdict on Skrill
Skrill claims to be ideally suited to online payments in general and lead the way for the sports betting sector in particular. All, or nearly all, betting websites accept Skrill. Betting websites such as Bwin, Bet365 and others all use this payment method. Therefore, it’s the ideal solution for moving money instantly between different sports betting websites.
|Click here to register for a Skrill account|